Embark on a creative journey in this T-shirt Quilt Making Class, where memories and craftsmanship intertwine! This hands-on workshop invites you to transform a collection of cherished T-shirts into a cozy and personalized quilt. Whether you've accumulated a wardrobe of concert tees, sports jerseys, or sentimental shirts from various life chapters, this class will guide you through the process of preserving these memories in a functional and beautiful way.
I will lead you step by step, teaching you the art of fabric selection, cutting, and piecing together your T-shirt squares. Learn the fundamentals of quilting techniques, from stabilizing fabrics to creating visually appealing layouts that tell your unique story.
Bring 12 of your own T-shirts with special significance and choose your fabric colors at checkout. Join us for a day of creativity, nostalgia, and the satisfaction of crafting a unique and meaningful keepsake.
Whether you're a seasoned quilter or a complete beginner, our class is designed to accommodate all skill levels. Must know how to sew and use your machine. Basic quilting knowledge helpful.
18+ only, please.
- You must know how to sew and are comfortable using a sewing machine.
- Tshirts must be uncut.
- Designs on shirts should approximately fit into a 12" square. Some cropping may be nessecary.
- Only 12 shirts please. In order to give everyone proper instruction, we will not have time in class to deviate from the current design (SEE PHOTO)
- We will only be making the quilt top in class. The approximate finished size is 46x59. Batting, binding & backing fabric are not included.
CLASS TIME & LOCATION:
9am to 4pm (30-60 minute break for lunch)
1305 Palmetto Avenue, Unit E, Pacifica
INCLUDED IN CLASS PRICE:
- Use of all rotary cutters, rulers, mats and irons in the studio
- 12" square ruler
- Shapeflex interfacing
- Solid fabrics for sashing and borders (please choose at check out, limited colors available)
- Students will receive 25% off my long arming services for the quilt top they create in this class.
STUDENTS NEED TO BRING:
- 12 Tshirts (uncut!)
- Sewing Machine* with power cord and foot pedal
- 1-2 empty bobbins suitable for your machine
- Coordinating thread
- 1/4" foot for your machine
*Your sewing machine must be in good working condition. We will not have time during class to solve any major tension or mechanical issues.
Learn to Make a Tshirt Quilt w/Dana Miller
*MUST HAVE 3 STUDENTS SIGNED UP AT LEAST 36 HOURS IN ADVANCE OR THE CLASS WILL NEED TO BE CANCELLED.
Classes cancelled 7 days in advance will receive a full refund. Classes cancelled the week of class will receive 1/2 of the amount back. No refunds will be given for cancellations with 24 hours of the class start time. You may gift your spot to a friend, in which case no refund will be given. Please contact me immediately with the new guests' information.