Learn To Quilt with Dana Miller!
THIS IS A 4 SESSION CLASS.
CLASS TIME & LOCATION:
Monday 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6
6:00pm to 9:30pm
1305 Palmetto Avenue, Unit E, Pacifica
PLEASE READ BELOW FOR ALL THE DETAILS AND POLICIES.
Come learn how to quilt with me! This is a 4 session workshop and we will spend our time learning the basics of quilting and leave with a completed table runner.
ALL SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED.
Session 1: 4/15/24
- Go over the basic rules for quilting.
- Talk about the necessary tools needed to begin quilting at home.
- Learn how to cut your fabric using a rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat.
- Begin piecing the quilt top.
Session 2: 4/22/24
- Continue piecing top.
- Add sashing and borders.
- Discussion on backing fabric.
- Learn about various methods of basting.
Session 3: 4/29/24
- Talk about various types of quilting.
- Baste the quilt top and begin quilting.
- Make binding.
Session 4: 5/6/24
- Learn about binding methods and finishing binding the quilt.
Must know the basics of how to sew.
Must have a working knowledge of your sewing machine.
Make sure your machine is in good working order and the tension is correct for a basic straight stitch. There will not be time during class to troubleshoot any major machine problems or teach you how to use your machine.
Supplies Needed For Class
Machine Quilting Needles: Machine quilting needles have a specifically tapered, ultra sharp point and extra stiff shaft to provide better stitch quality through multiple layers of fabric.
1/4" foot for your sewing machine
Walking foot attachment for your sewing machine (this is useful, but optional)
Machine Quilting Gloves (Machingers are best)
Learn to Quilt w/Dana Miller
Classes cancelled 7 days in advance will receive a full refund. Classes cancelled the week of class will receive 1/2 of the amount back. No refunds will be given for cancellations with 24 hours of the class start time. You may gift your spot to a friend, in which case no refund will be given. Please contact me immediately with the new guests' information.